Report: The State of Website Tag Security
We used DataTrue’s website tag auditing and monitoring technology to analyze the state of website tag security in the Consumer Goods & Services industry.
Amongst other things, we found that almost 80% of the sites hosted indirect tags, also known as ‘piggyback’ tags. While piggyback tags can be legitimate they can also pose risks of data leakage if the company is not aware those tags are present on their site.
Get the report to find out more about:
- How may tags are on sites
- What is the purpose of these tags
- What you should know about piggyback tags and data security
- Where most piggyback tags are found
- How to ensure you know all the tags on your site
- Steps to take to ensure your website tags are secure.